Collaborative Castle in the Style of Mary Blair
Create a collaborative castle mural in the style of Mary Blair (approx. 4'x7' but it can vary). Mary Blair is famous for designing the castle in Disney's It's a Small World. Create a stunning fantasy castle that will add some modern flair to your art show or as a backdrop to a Disney music program.
The perfect lesson after reading the book, Pocket Full of Colors: The Magical World of Mary Blair, Disney Artist Extraordinaire.
Be sure to take a look at my lesson for drawing smaller individual castles as well as the money saving bundle of both.
Your students will:
- OPTIONAL: Read a book about Mary Blair (not included) **
- See an illustration of Mary Blair
- OPTIONAL: Draw a castle design
- Test out color variations of one color
- Explore media/color combinations
- Add color using their color and media choices
- Cut out their castle square
- Use the tabs to glue the castle together
What You Get:
- Teacher Instructions (4 pages)
- Castle Design Ideas (2 pages)
- Dome Drawing Pages (6 pages)
- Clock Face Drawing Pages (6 pages)
- Blank Design Page (1 page)
- Castle Designs (60 pages)
- Door (4 pages)
- Windows (4 pages)
- Mary Blair Portrait (2 pages)
>>>>> A total of 89 pages
Take a look at the preview images to get a peek at what you get.
You will get 80 pre-designed pages that make a castle approximately 4 feet tall and 7 feet wide. You can add or subtract pages and arrange the castle any way you'd like to fit the number of students and the space you'd like to fill.
Use your choice of media or mix things up and use crayons, markers, colored pencils and watercolors to create some beautiful color variations. There is also an option for using a blank square to have your students draw their own design (and 60 sample design ideas).
** I recommend buying or borrowing The book, Pocket Full of Colors: The Magical World of Mary Blair, Disney Artist Extraordinaire to use as an introduction to this lesson.
Thanks for visiting!