I’m excited to share with you a list of 7 inspiring fall drawing ideas for keeping kids drawing all autumn long! From vibrant fall foliage to adorable woodland creatures, harvest produce to cozy indoor scenes, this collection of ideas will inspire hours of creative exploration. Whether it’s sketching fall leaves or drawing the adventures of outdoor activities, these prompts are designed to ignite the imagination and keep the artistic spirit alive.
There’s more! I also have a printable list and an inspiration page with the same 7 ideas plus 5 more. This page can be used as a starting point for their own artistic explorations or simply as a source of inspiration to fuel their creativity.
To access these resources, simply click >HERE<. The file is in PDF format, making it easy to print and distribute among your students or children. Feel free to share this link with other art educators and parents who may find it valuable for their young artists.
Fall Drawing Ideas for Sketchbooks:
- Bonfire Night: Capture the warm glow and atmosphere of a bonfire gathering. Draw people sitting around the fire, roasting marshmallows, and enjoying the crisp autumn evening.
- Autumn Leaves: Capture the vibrant colors of fall foliage by sketching various types of leaves in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Hot Drinks: Illustrate your favorite fall beverages like hot chocolate, pumpkin spice latte, or a steaming cup of tea, showcasing the cozy and comforting feeling they bring.
- Pumpkin Patch: Draw a scene from a pumpkin patch with pumpkins of various shapes and sizes. You can also add elements like scarecrows, hay bales, or people picking pumpkins.
- Cozy Sweaters: Illustrate your favorite cozy fall fashion by drawing detailed sketches of sweaters, scarves, and other warm garments.
- Harvest Vegetables: Depict a bountiful harvest of fall vegetables such as pumpkins, squashes, corn, or colorful gourds.
- Fall Wildlife: Capture the beauty of fall wildlife by drawing animals like squirrels gathering acorns, birds migrating, or deer in their natural habitat.
This is just the start! I have 5 more ideas that I’d love to share with you in a format that will make it easy to use with your students.
You can get the Free Autumn Drawing Ideas List and Inspiration Page for free to share with your students!
I hope that these ideas and the inspiration page will encourage children to spend their autumn exploring the world of art and honing their artistic skills. Drawing can be a wonderful way for children to express themselves, relax, use their imaginations, and capture memories. Wishing you and your students/children an autumn filled with artistic adventures and joy!
- Will you send home a drawing challenge with your students this autumn?
- What else can you do to encourage students to make at home?
Don’t forget to share this link with other art educators and parents who may find it valuable for their young artists. >Get the Freebie Here<
P.S. If you want more step-by-step help drawing autumn images or putting them together in a work of art, check out my Autumn Doodle resource.
Join my email list to hear about new resources, sales, and tips for teaching art and drawing, and get 15% off your next order!
Continue the conversation in my FB group of art teachers: